We can not wait to try these! Another amazing recipe by Deliciously Ella that are also served at her deli in London! Yes if you're in London go to her deli and send us a photo :). Back to the Mince Pies, the pastry is light and sweet, while the filling is crammed with juicy textures and fruity flavours. We also copied in a video for you to see the full recipe in action and it's so easy!!
For the mincemeat:
2 apples, cored and chopped into small pieces
1 vanilla pod, split lengthways, seeds only
100g dried cranberries
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
Juice of 2 oranges
1 tbsp coconut oil
For the crust:
400g ground almonds
6 tbsp coconut oil
20 medjool dates (about 400g)
Gluten-free flour for dusting surface
1. Place the mincemeat ingredients into a saucepan and stir. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until the apples are soft.
2. Meanwhile, make the crust. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 Place all the remaining ingredients together in a food processer with 4 tbsp water and blend for a minute or so until everything has mixed together and the dates are totally broken down.
3. Sprinkle gluten-free flour over your surface and roll the mix out until it’s about ½ cm thick.
4. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with coconut oil and then mould the mix into the holes using a 10cm cutter. Place the tray of crusts in the oven for 8 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown.
5. Cut the remaining mixture into star shapes.
6. Remove the crusts from the oven. Spoon 2 heaped tsp mincemeat into each crust and place a star on top. Return to the oven and bake for another 8 minutes.
7. Remove the pies from the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes.
If you're interested in Deliciously Ella Products - Discover her full range on our website here.