At Flavours for Health we believe in eating what’s in season and supporting Maltese farmers.
Food is so readily available now in all types from all around the world that we have forgotten what it means to eat the seasons and what benefit this has on you and the world.
There are several good reasons to eat more local, seasonal food:
- It reduces the energy required to grow and transport food around the world, less CO² emissions
- Food that has come a long way is more expensive
- It supports the local economy and helps local farmers
- Seasonal food is fresher, tastier and more nutritious
- To connect more with natures cycles and appreciate what’s on offer
Strawberries are currently in season!
Did you know how good they are for you?
- Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamins C ands K,
- Good source of Fibre, Folic acid, Magnesium and Potassium
- Their fibre and fructose content may help regulate blood sugar levels by slowing digestion.
- The vibrant red colour of strawberries is due to large amounts of anthocyanidin, which also means they contain powerful antioxidants and are thought to protect against inflammation, cancer and heart disease.
Take advantage of the Strawberry season and make sure you buy fresh strawberries to blend in with your Purition shake.
Make a Strawberry Shake!
Blend 4 scoops of your favourite Purition flavour with 250 ml of milk, add 4 Strawberries and some ice... Enjoy!